However, vanity aside, I have a mission here to share my thoughts on this compression top, and how it kept my "multi-directional" upper body in one place!
I look forward to the compression tights coming out (currently wearing another brand!!).
I will review the compression socks seperately.
I have worn this top for running, Kettlercise, Zumba and resting.
I have worn it for a whole day after all of the above.
- Slinky top that feels like a second skin.
- Stopped a lot of chest wobbling so didn't need the 2nd sports bra (which can cause chafing and be uncomfortable).
- It is slightly restrictive but it made me think of my breathing, so I seemed to focus on that, breathing deeper, thus improving my stamina and performance. Even with the distractions of music and dancing dog at my side.
- I ran in the rain with it and no see-through dramas, and it kept me warm.
- I have kept it on after intense training session and didn't get a clammy wet feeling. In fact I forgot I was wearing anything at all.
- This is a good quality, thick light weight, self wicking material
- I hand washed the top in a tech wash. I don't like to kill my technical gear in detergents or in washing machine. A spin will destroy these garments quickly. It washed and rinsed quickly; drip dried in bathroom in an hour. I even wore it for a run when slightly damp and barely noticed.
- This top was a medium and I may have been a large but I was still able to move with considerable comfort.
- I love the long length of this! I am tall, and with a extra curves to pull the top over yet it was long enough to cover most of my bum too! Bonus
- very reasonably priced and if looked after this top with be more than value for money.
- You know that feeling of heaviness when you get out of a swimming pool? That's how I feel when I get out of my compression kit! It does make me feel "athletic" and almost bounce (not literally) into action! Unlike a bog standard top or joggers. I feel dressed for business and ac!
- Neck line is a little high for me. It doesn't cut in, just a personal choice. I understand that this was a "winter" design to keep the upper body warm. I have worn it a few times and each time I am less concious of the high neck.
- I can not get this top off quickly! But then it's such a good tight fit! I am not sure if a zipper would have helped? Why would I want to get out quickly? Forward planning to cold days when I need a hot shower fast, maybe?
- No idea if it aids recovery, which I can definitely feel when I wear the compression socks. Perhaps need more time to practise recovery!
I wouldn't have thought to buy a compression top as most of the science of the compression garments I understands markets how it effectively supports the legs, muscles and return of blood back up the body. Perhaps a bigger marketing campaign to bestow the virtues of the top, especially for women, as it does minimise bounce, so must reduce aches, strains and improve support.
The Born in a Field brand was born to help active people from all sports perform without restrictions. Whether you are a Climber, Mountaineer, Runner, Cyclist or Footballer, our range of products are used by everyone.
The original Born in a Field brand first appeared in 2008 with a much more casual look and no technical products. The brand then remained dormant for 2 years as our sister company Ussen became a leader in Genuine Thermal Undergarments. However, Born in a Field never stopped working during this time.
Behind the scenes, we have been working towards our re-launch in 2011 with more technical products and our Activeskinz compression clothing is the first products in the this phase of growing our Brand.
What Are ActiveSkinz
Activeskins Compression is designed to support muscle and help performance during activity. Our extreme lightweight fabrics have a multi-directional stretch, which means that you have total freedom of movement when wearing Activeskins.
Although the fabric are extremely light, they will offer your body very good support, while also allowing air movement to pass through the fabrics, helping to keep your body as cool as possible during exercise and will wick moisture from the skin very ripidly to help keep your body dry and cool.
Activeskins also protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- UV PROTECTION
- MULTI-DIRECTIONAL STRETCH
- MUSCLE SUPPORT
- FAST WICKING
- EXTREME LIGHTWEIGHT
- HELPS TO AID MUSCLE RECOVERY